SoundHack is a soundfile processing program for the Macintosh. It performs many utility and esoteric sound processing functions available nowhere else. These functions make SoundHack invaluable to computer musicians, sound effects designers, multimedia artists, webmasters and anyone else who enjoys working with sound.
– Time stretching or pitch shifting with the phase vocoder or varispeed.
– Spatialize with the binaural filter.
– Cross-synthesis between two soundfiles with soundfile convolution, ring modulation or spectral mutation.
– Noise reduction, spectral expansion or compression with the spectral dynamics processor.
– Separate transient and steady-state components with the spectral extractor.
– Use your own spectral algorithm with spectral analysis/resynthesis and the spectral assistant example code.
– Save sonograms of your soundfile in QuickTime movies or convert QuickTime movies into sound by sonographic analysis.
– Play almost any type of soundfile (including AU, AIFF and WAVE).
– Record any size soundfile from the Macintosh sound input.
– Import soundfiles from audio CDs.
– Convert between different types of soundfiles with optional gain scaling and sample rate conversion.
– Change values in the soundfile header (sample rate, number of channels, loop points and marker info).
– Read and write Sound Designer II, Audio IFC, Audio IFF, BICSF (IRCAM), DSP Designer, QuickTime/AIFF, Microsoft WAVE (RIFF), NeXT .snd, Sun .au, ULaw, IMA4, TEXT and headerless (raw) soundfiles.